The 2019 Food & Farm Experience (FFX) will again “connect” school counselors with an industry that offers more than 300 related career opportunities. The participants will meet with industry experts, employers, agricultural entrepreneurs and post-secondary educators.
The 2019 Food & Farm Experience is:
- A two-day in-depth program tailored as an agricultural education encounter created for a target group of twenty five to thirty five people involved in middle school and high school career exploration and development.
- Held at the Radisson Hotel Corning in Corning, NY from Wednesday, October 16 – Friday, October 18, 2019. The program starts with an AG 101 workshop, reception and dinner on Wednesday, and winds down on Friday, Oct. 18, concluding at noon.
- Application (click here) is necessary for inclusion in the Experience. Please be sure to fill out the PDF application and save it with your name before sending it in. Applications are due by July 12, 2019.
- The speaker attendee roster will include two to three individuals who are actively engaged in farming.
- The costs of attending this experience are covered by the Foundation for food, lodging, and workshop materials.
The Food & Farm Experience is an annual summit for exchanges about agriculture and making connections with a full array of those associated with and engaged in agriculture. Participants will be selected via nomination and application and the Foundation Board of Directors. The goal is to develop extensive agricultural understanding, networking, and connections. These participants will be ready to touch the lives of the next generation as they guide them in career choices, with those choices gaining an expanded view and understanding.
This learning “Experience” is scheduled for Oct. 16-18 at The Radisson in Corning, New York. The FFX participants will have the opportunity to share with those representing the full breadth of agriculture during their two-day immersion! Feet on the ground will take them on-site at a variety of stops along the journey from farm to fork and get a feel for the multitude of career options available throughout agriculture. They will receive high-quality materials and resources that will provide for easy access to the core of New York agriculture and be exposed to panels representing agricultural expertise, jobs, education and our future!
By targeting a specific group, we gain the ability to provide the highest quality and focused support materials and program for the annual chosen target audience. The experience for participants in each year’s target group is elevated by a common peer thread and the added benefit of sharing and building knowledge and network.