The 2019 New York Farm Bureau Agricultural Youth Scholarship provides three statewide awards; $1,500 for first place $1,200 for second place and $1,000 for third place. District winners will each receive $100 and a memento. County winners are recognized at the discretion of their county Farm Bureau.
Students applying must have a family Farm Bureau membership or a student Farm Bureau membership. Membership applications may be included with scholarship enclosures. Students are required to complete an application and submit a brief 300-500-word essay discussing an issue facing agriculture in their county, and explain how they think NYFB can support members who may deal with this issue.
The 2019 scholarship information and application will be available for high school seniors on July 1. The fillable pdf application can then be downloaded, saved as the senior’s application, completed, and emailed or mailed to New York Farm Bureau with all required attachments. Please note the new deadline timeline below.
The new timeline is:
- July 1 – Application and information available at www.nyfb.org
- Sept. – Kick-off to all county Farm Bureaus for distribution to all promotion and education committees, Grassroots and Facebook announcement and FFA/CCE List serve announcement
- March 1 – Application deadline
- April 20 – District judging deadline
- May/June – presentations at schools and county events at the county Farm Bureau’s discretion. Many schools will include the award at their senior awards assemblies, if they have some prior notice.