Lesson Plan #1 – Your Pizza Came From The Farm
- A History of Pizza
- Pizza Crust Ingredients
- Tomato sauce is
- Cheese is made from cows’ milk
- Pepperoni and Sausage come from pigs
- Peppers and Onions
Pizza Lesson Objectives: Projects and activities will increase the students understanding of Agriculture.
- Students will learn that all ingredients needed to make a pizza are produced by NYS Farmers.
- Students will use words to describe their favorite pizza, older students can help younger students with activities and games
- Math: Older students can create a graph of what younger students favorite pizza topping was. Younger students can discuss the different shapes on a pizza
- Students will review the food pyramid to discuss how Pizza fits in nutritionally
- Life skills: Performing as a team member, assisting team members to mimic working on a farm where everyone works together to get the crops planted and harvested.
- Pizza as big as the sun by J. Prelutsky
- Nutrition: Use the food pyramid to discuss with children items that fit into the pyramid
- The Science of Pizza
- Pizza Game
To Download a complete set of web lessons, click here for part 1 and here for part 2. If you have any questions or comments about these lessons, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org call us at the office 1-800-342-4143.